A new type of entry. I have recently discovered a service that will make your blog into a book, annually, if you so desire. So I'm going to try to personalize this a bit more for the girls to look back on someday. I thought I'd start a favorite things category, for me, the girls, the family.
1. Any song sung by James Taylor.
2. Quirky, loving, funny, inspiring, thought provoking, beautifully made movies with predictable endings. I've discovered this about myself recently. I don't like surprise endings in a movie. The movie can be as suspenseful or dramatic as it wants to be but the ending better be what I thought was coming or I'll think the movie sucked. Real life often doesn't turn out the way you thought and you grow-up learning how to deal with disappointment. I don't need that in a movie. When I go to the movies, I want to be entertained.
3. Wool socks.
4. Dylan Thomas.
5. "Love in the time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez is the greatest love story ever written. It isn't possible to live your whole life without reading this book.
6. Malabrigo yarn in every shade. Anyone that knits will know what I'm talking about.
7. Yellow Snapdragons.
8. Mary Oliver.
9. Good Earth Original tea. It's really the only tea to drink.
10. Queen (as in the band).